Business Skype Support in USA
Business Skype Support is a communications and collaboration platform that brings together a client experience inspired by Skype with enterprise-grade security, compliance, and control. Skype for Business offers features including presence, IM, voice and video calls, and online meetings.
What is Business Skype Support
This guide is for people who are new to Skype for Business and provides information on how to begin using it to communicate with colleagues. Skype for Business was formerly known as Lync but was re-branded under the current release name after Microsoft acquired Skype. It is a communications platform that allows you to interact with your contacts using instant messaging (IM), audio and video conversations, and Skype for Business Meetings.
It runs on Windows and Mac operating systems, and on mobile devices. HWU Staff and Students can access Skype for Business.
Accessing Skype for Business Starting Skype for Business for the first time HWU managed desktop (staff and student)
The Skype for Business Windows client is installed by default on the University’s standard desktops as part of the Office 2013 suite/Office 365.
- Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen
- Select All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013 > Skype for Business 2015
When the Skype for Business window appears
- Enter your UserID in the format email@example.com
- Enter your Password (your HWU desktop/Vision password)
- Click the Sign In button
Business Skype Support for Mac OS
To use Skype for Business (Lync) for Mac 2011 you need to download and install The client program and then manually configure the settings.
Download and all the instructions can be found in the Office 365 web portal, on the Software page:
- Log in to the Office 365 portal https://portal.office.com/
- Click Settings (cog icon) >Office 365 settings> Software > Skype for Business
- Click the Install button
- Save the .dmg file
- Open it (if your security settings won’t allow it to be launched by clicking, hold down the CTRL button and click the file, select ‘Open’ from the Finder menu)
- Follow the installation instructions.
Follow steps 2 & 3 on the Software page to apply the update and configure the server settings. To start after installation:
- From the Finder menu bar, select Go > Applications >Microsoft Lync In the Lync window
- Enter the same data in both the Email address and User ID field in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password (your HWU desktop/Vision password)
4. Click the Sign In button